1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Price of EKO BA4 acoustic bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lzandman, Jul 23, 2004.

1. lzandman

lzandman

Hi,

I stumbled upon an acoustic bass guitar that I would like to buy. It's an EKO and searching the internet I noticed it probably is an BA4:

[​IMG]

It resembles the bass on this picture very closely. Only it doesn't have a piezo pick-up system. It's 100% acoustic.

Does anybody know how much this bass is worth? The current owner has asked me to do a bid, but I have no clue as to how much I should bid.

Greetings,

Leon
  2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

:spit: All acoustic bass guitar? I've found acoustic BGs to be irritatingly quiet, and unsuitable for even accompanying an acoustic guitar -- even when jamming. At best, they're a "practice anywhere" instrument. I can't imagine they'd be worth much, because there wouldn't be much demand for a bass guitar with no amplification system.
  3. barroso

barroso

the one in the pic is the older version still made in italy.

a good price could be 150-200 Euros.

those basses are really big and sounds huge. really.
  4. lzandman

lzandman

Yeah, I agree. People warned me about the fact that acoustic basses weren't meant to be played without amplification, but this bass must be an exception. It sounds really loud and fat. I like it a lot, so I'll probably buy it. It's a great bass to take out into the garden and play. Ideal for practice, although it isn't suitable for slappin' 'n tappin'... :bassist:[​IMG]
  5. The Mock Turtle Regulator

The Mock Turtle Regulator

isn't this bass short-scale?

I think one of these crops up in a couple of videos by The Cure- "the caterpillar" and "In between days".
    I'm not sure if it was used on any recordings though.
  6. lzandman

lzandman

No, it isn't.
    Mmmm. I'll be watching MTV for any Cure videos from now on :)
  7. Big Bullfiddler

Big Bullfiddler