Pricing Question! Warwick Corvette $$ NT

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pineapplerobot, Feb 19, 2013.

1. pineapplerobot

pineapplerobot Supporting Member

I played one of these at a local shop yesterday, it was a Burgundy Red Oil fretted 5 string NT Corvette $$. I played through SWR Redhead and it was amazing! I have played a few Warwicks recently but none of them a 5 string and was a little worried because I hear a lot of negative things about their necks, however this thing fit in my hands perfectly and was extremely comfortable. Blah Blah Blah, I loved it.

Now the owner of the shop said he was cutting the price pretty dramatically because the corner of the bass but the input jack had some scratches from someone rubbing it against their keys or some kid dropping it or something. Regardless, with their not being a gloss finish and the way the grain is exposed and textured, it really blended in and he had to point it out to me, I didn't even notice it. He said he was pretty pissed off about it and is now selling it for $2500.

I've been scouring the internet but can't find one for sale anywhere in a 5 string. There is one on Musicians Friend in a 4 string for $2700 so I figured it is a good deal. Whats the regular retail price on these things? Is this a deal I can't pass up? I'm assuming he knocked like $500 off but still, not too sure. Any help would be nice.

Also, anyone have this bass? Like? Worth that price?
  2. stepswork4me

stepswork4me

3. stepswork4me

stepswork4me

It's showing $2999 including a flight case.
  4. pineapplerobot

Thank for the eBay link!

I was wanting something from a dealer not on eBay, eBay sellers are good at inflating prices, for instance the Bubinga one is $3k, the Ash, $3.5. I'm not sure what is the more run of the mill price. However, I think this may confirm my guess of $500 or so off.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. stepswork4me

stepswork4me

Does it include the case?
  7. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

I've seen used 5-string NT Warwicks sell for under 2K pretty often, in really good shape.
  8. pineapplerobot

Includes case and all the SWAG, brand new, just was scuffed up in the shop.
  9. stepswork4me

stepswork4me

10. stepswork4me

stepswork4me

You could always call them and find out what one would cost you.
  11. pineapplerobot

Wow, for some reason this never even dawned on me! Haha, I'm totally serious. Think they would be ok with that kind of question in am email?
  12. stepswork4me

stepswork4me

I would believe so... I'm sure they field a lot of inquiries. They'd have a hard time making sales otherwise. Hit 'em up.
  13. Nephilymbass

Nephilymbass Supporting Member

These prices are way to high for starters. I bought all my warwicks from guitar center. I payed 2800 for a thumb 5 neck through new. The bolt on thumb 5 I payed 1800. My FNA was about 1700 and the used corvette standard I paid 700 for. Big companies like guitar center will come way down on the price if no one is showing interest because they don't want all their money tied up in old inventory. I sold all those basses on eBay because it is very true about the necks the top of the body on my neck through thumb actually cracked because the Neck Bent between the fingerboard and the neck pickup. They are great for a year or two but they don't hold up well at all. I do miss some of the great design stuff they use though. Like the brass just a nut where the string height can be adjusted on the nut individually on each string. Brass frets are also great and their bridges are great because you don't get as much of the string twisting issues you get with most bridges.
  14. pineapplerobot

So the issues with them are the build construction or is that a matter of keeping them in the correct climate?
  15. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

I had one a little while ago..... GAS was terrible so it went away.... I gave out a good deal :/

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-nos-2008-warwick-corvette-$$-nt5-845248/
  16. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

If you want a Wick, they lose alot in re sale value, they are just one of those brands, like Carvin.
  17. QzRmong

QzRmong

So say one where to just get a bolt on would it be worth 1900?
  18. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

a bolt-on warwick 5er would be more like 800-1200...
  19. El Slap

El Slap

I payed $1200 for my used-but-minty Streamer 5 $$ BO w/ case. Worth every penny.
  20. QzRmong

QzRmong

I found a guy that is selling a Corvette standard five string swamp ash body with ovangkol bolt on neck for 500 is that worth it?
  21. El Slap

El Slap