1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Pro Series Warwick Corvette Opinions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gaius46, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Gaius46

Gaius46

I've a German made Corvette Std 4 string fretless that I absolutely love but don't really play any longer as I've become a fan of ERBs. I'm looking to replace it with a fretless 6 Corvette and am considering buying one of the Pro Series Corvettes. They look to me to be the same exact basses as those made in Germany to only difference being the (presumably) cheaper Korean labor.

Comments on the Korean Warwicks? Are they the same basses as the German made? Is the fit and finish comparable?

Thanks

2. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

I own 2 German Corvette stds and tried out one of the Pro Series ones. From what I could tell they are exactly the same except the pro series comes in either active or passive whereas the German ones were active with a passive bypass.

3. Gaius46

Gaius46

I actually took delivery on mine yesterday and am rapidly falling in love with her. Neck fits my hand perfectly, got that Warwick growl and is easy on the eyes - comment from guitarist last night "that's a gorgeous bass".

Also active / passive. Pulling out the volume control disables the active circuitry.

4. Wallace320

Wallace320

Yet, I love'em

Electronics, hardware and overall sound stays the same... Down to very quality tonewoods and finish, it's not exactly the same but I'm plannin' to purchase the fretted 6er (I got the fretless 5er) 'cause I really love it...
    I just have to convince myself to let the LTD Frank Bello go (tough decision)

Cheers,
    Wallace

5. Register to disable this ad