1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Probably a really dumb question-what's the other compartment, not the battery

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassPlayer95, Aug 10, 2013.

1. BassPlayer95

BassPlayer95

So I was looking at the really pretty-beautiful, actually- finish on my guitar, and I noticed two compartments: One labeled battery, so duh, that's the battery. However there's another compartment that has a Schecter sticker on it but nothing else. What is it? If it matters, the pickups are active EMG's. Thanks!
  2. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

control plate, you can access the pots and wiring without messing with the pickup front side of the bass.
  3. SasquatchDude

SasquatchDude

I have no experience with active basses, but I'm assuming it's the all the actual electronics... potentiometers, pre-amp, etc.