1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Probably been done before....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by remainthesame, Dec 20, 2013.

1. remainthesame

remainthesame

I can never find what I'm looking for when I do a search so if this has been done before I apologize, feel free to leave a link if you know of any threads that apply.

I'm in the market for a some sort of dirt (leaning towards fuzz but im open to distortion or overdrive). And i know this is the best place to get a lot of ideas for pedals. Money is not an issue however I do have a couple requirements...

I need something that keeps the low end (obviously) most dirt pedals for bass have a clean blend but im looking for something where even the effected signal doesnt lose much bottom end. I also need it to be VERY heavy. I'm using this for stoner/doom and i want something that can tear the face off of the average listener.

and yeah, thats about it. if it helps, im playing a BTB575FM through a GK 1001 rbII with a 412 cabinet. i play fingers only and im kind of mid heavy with my sound.

thanks a bunch in advance \m/
  2. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    John K Custom Basses
    the Mountainking Megalith can do VERY heavy distortion and has a TON of low end.
    the BrimstoneAudio Crossover Distortion retains all of the low end too.
  3. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

I can recommend high/low split reblend with Rolls mini crossover and Wounded Paw blender. Makes any amount of distortion full like you wouldn't believe.
  4. Lebowsky

Lebowsky w00t? Supporting Member

Fuzzrocious Rat Tail, Malekko Diabolik
  5. spaz21387

spaz21387

the blackout musket is pretty good. its a big muff clone but has a pre gain and mids.
  6. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

Check idiotbox out. They have a bass distortion(blower box) and the Blasteriod Fuzz. The Blower Box was designed for bass and his demo sounds pretty good. I have the Blaseriod and I can tell you it does not need a clean blend. Worth a look.

http://idiotboxeffects.bigcartel.com/
  7. 10cc

10cc

8. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Supporting Member

Source Audio OFD would probably be your most versatile option.
  9. spufman

spufman Supporting Member

In my trials, the Team Awesome Fuzz Machine emerged with the biggest balls.