1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Problems with off-centre pins in a mono case?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by UnderDogbassist, Dec 5, 2013.

1. UnderDogbassist

UnderDogbassist

I've finally arrived at a point in my musical journey that I will be consistently be bringing 2 basses around town with me, and I'm interested in picking up a mono M80 dual gigbag. However I'm concerned that the fact that the bottom strap pegs (there's 2) won't fit into the bag's single-centred-peg-design properly and might cause problems. has anybody experienced this? thanks in advance for your input.

for the record, the basses in question are both Ibanez GWBs.
  2. frankieC

frankieC Supporting Member

I don't have the answer to your question, but, I have used the Mono dual, before. I found it to be too heavy for me to deal with, on a regular basis.

This is just my 2¢ please keep in mind that I'm 64 years old, and I don't know your age. I'm assuming you're young and strong to even consider an M80.
  3. jbravo

jbravo Siddown, Waldo! Supporting Member

I carry a Spector Euro, and a Spector Rex in a mono dual bag. These both have an offset bottom strap button, which has never been an issue for me. Hope this he's!
    Steve
  4. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

I carry all kinds of basses in mine. Double pins, offset pins, regular pins. None if them have ever been an issue.

I've even shoved a T bird into it...

I assume this was from the weight of the two basses rather than the case itself. The M80 dual bag is a very light bag, lighter than some single bags.
  5. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Never had problems carrying any shape or size of electric bass with it. The temptation to fill the storage pockets can make the Mono dual a real chore to carry. I found the chest strap to be a nuisance. The logo plate got knocked off after about a month of use, and the zipper pulls have begun to fail, one by one.

Although awkwardly bulky, it is well-padded and roomy. When flying, it can often be stashed in the crew/first class closet. Gate checking it down into the cargo hold with the donkeys, anvils, and frozen barrels of bull semen is risky.

I have only been using it when I must travel with two instruments. I am less inclined to do this now than when I was 60.
  6. sj_bass

sj_bass Supporting Member

A T-bird??? I'm gonna have to try that... I love my M-80D so much that I bought another. Now if I can only find a gig where I need four or more basses (note to Adam Clayton's tech: Sweep the leg.)
  7. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

I wouldn't say that it fit well, but it fit. Good enough to get to the gig and back home without the hassle of carrying the gigantic HSC for the T bird. I had my Ric in there as well...