1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD Project Aria Pro II SB 800 - RARE?

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MaddAnthony_59, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Here is an Aria Pro II SB 800. It's 1978, because that's the ONLY year they made this beast. It's an SB-1000 with a Bolt on neck. This one has been around the block, modded, and still Kicks hard! With the exception that the Pre Amp module is missing. I tested this with one from an SB-1000 and she fired right up on all cylinders! The tuners were replaced with Gold Schallers, and the cavity cover is "Aftermarket". The knobs... Are Knobs! It has bumps, bruises, and may have taken a fall. There is some Distress in the finish, but the wood is 100% intact. (I tried to Break it off, no go Joe!) To make this one work you will need to get a replacement preamp, which are available for less than $100.

Here are some Pics!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bat Wing Headstock!

[​IMG]

Schaller tuners
    [​IMG]

BEEFY Neck!
    [​IMG]

Bolts right on!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This thing ain't coming off!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Guts, minus Black Box. (Goes on the White Clip)
    [​IMG]

There are Cracks in the Finish, but not the Wood!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top of the Bat looks Healthy!
    [​IMG]

She's 34" scale, 1 3/4 at the Nut, and a tad over 10 Lbs on the Bathroom scale. To get this Beauty in all it's Glory will cost you a Mere $300 shipped.

2. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

If I didn't have to scrape money up for my SB-1000 restoration project I'd be on this. This is definitely a rare bird! Our own Prostheta does indeed make Black Box replacements which would get this bass up and running again.

3. circuitspore

circuitspore

What is the width of the neck at the last fret? Also, can this particular pickup be wired passively, or is the preamp required?

4. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
  5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.