1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Project cab wiring question .. 4 ohm or 16?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by NickfromSOS, Jul 23, 2013.

1. NickfromSOS

NickfromSOS Supporting Member

I have been working on a project cabinet that has 4 Eminence Delta 10b's (the 16 ohm version, 350 watts) in it. It is my understanding that this configuration can be wired to produce either a 16 ohm (series-parallel) or 4 ohm (parallel) load, both with a 1400 watt power handling (4x350). Which wiring option is a better choice? I would be using this cab with either a qsc power amp capable of a 4 ohm load, or bass heads capable of 4 ohm loads. It was wired for 16 ohm operation previously, so I would need to rewire for parallel.
  2. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

If you plan to use it by itself, 4 ohms.

If you plan to run it in parallel with another cab (from the same amp), 16. Unless the amp can drive 2 ohms.