Hello all! I figured it was time to start this log now since I have started working on my next bass project. The planning started a few months ago but I haven't done much until now. First of all, some specs: - 34" scale - 5 Strings - Neckthrough - Walnut and maple body and neck - Ebony fretboard - 2X EMG 40TW @18V - EMG BTS - Headless (But with a headstock...) - Custom hardware Here is the basic layout: I still haven't figured out where to put the volume and tone knobs yet. The original idea was to partially incorporate the knobs into the bridge, but the bridge ended up looking massive so that idea was ditched. The design isn't finished, but the design will be pretty much along these lines. (Headstock and cutouts will be altered) Drawing of the bridge: The two small holes between the knobs is to release the bridge lid. An allen key can be pushed into the hole to pop of the lid. Layout of the bridge: The frame will be made from aluminum and the mechanical parts will be brass and steel. The bridge will be more or less enclosed. The "lid" that will cover the saddles will be aluminum but with a top layer of wood in the same pattern as the neck piece. The lid itself will be held in place by magnets. Here is the parts made so far: Saddles, string anchors and the basic tuning knobs. I'll make some flutes into the knobs for decoration and grip. This is how everything will be placed. I just need to mill out the bridge frame: Saddle pieces: The saddles will be held in place by two prongs that will push out from both sides when a needle screw is screwed in from the front of the saddle. (left shows prongs extended) I had to stop work for today because I managed to break my 3mm mill bit in a stupid mistake. (I started the mill with the bit touching the workpiece. ) New bits were already on order, so it's not too big of a deal. I have never used a mill before, so there are quite a few things to learn. I usually learn things the hard way... I thought the bits I were using were worn out. Turns out that the problem was ever so slight play in the Z axis of the mill which caused chattering. Tightened it up a bit and everything was fine again. Hope you'll all enjoy this thread. Tips, trucks, criticism and suggestions are welcome. I'll probably need it as the build progresses.