1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Promethean info??

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by captainbeers02, Nov 28, 2012.

1. captainbeers02

captainbeers02

hello,
    im looking in to buying a promethean P500H head and a promethean P115C cab...a few questions..does anyone know a cheaper brand that still has the same high end punchy sound? Also what size speaker should the cab have to be high end sounding? I ask because i currently have a GK backline 600 and MBX cab and im sick and tired of the low ends that it produces.
  2. smogg

smogg

I really like the P500H. But if money is tight the Carvin BX500 is on sale right now.
    Gen Benz Focus FCS-115T cost less and weighs less than the P115C.
    Maybe even check out the FCS-112T. Maybe a pair of those would work for you if you are looking for more mid range punch.

IMO/IME these are not "cheap" cabs. They are quality cabs at a good value.

good luck
  3. 5port

5port

+1 on the Carvin BX500. I think you would be pleasently surprised by it. I have the BX1500 which is basically two BX500s side by side and love it. BX500 running $359 this week only. Lowest price yet.

I also own the Promethean P300H head (P3115) and compared to the Carvin it sounds very round and old school. I like it a lot. The Carvin sounds more modern (read Hi-Fi) to me.
  4. januchito

januchito

i will hope is not too late for my reply but... a few days buy a promethean P300H, and only can play 20 min and the amp is fail.

The filter capacitos of the power supply, is broken. Bery bad for new amp...

:(