Promethean info??

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by captainbeers02, Nov 28, 2012.

1. captainbeers02

captainbeers02

hello,
    im looking in to buying a promethean P500H head and a promethean P115C cab...a few questions..does anyone know a cheaper brand that still has the same high end punchy sound? Also what size speaker should the cab have to be high end sounding? I ask because i currently have a GK backline 600 and MBX cab and im sick and tired of the low ends that it produces.

2. smogg

smogg

I really like the P500H. But if money is tight the Carvin BX500 is on sale right now.
    Gen Benz Focus FCS-115T cost less and weighs less than the P115C.
    Maybe even check out the FCS-112T. Maybe a pair of those would work for you if you are looking for more mid range punch.

IMO/IME these are not "cheap" cabs. They are quality cabs at a good value.

good luck

3. 5port

5port

+1 on the Carvin BX500. I think you would be pleasently surprised by it. I have the BX1500 which is basically two BX500s side by side and love it. BX500 running $359 this week only. Lowest price yet.

I also own the Promethean P300H head (P3115) and compared to the Carvin it sounds very round and old school. I like it a lot. The Carvin sounds more modern (read Hi-Fi) to me.

4. januchito

januchito

i will hope is not too late for my reply but... a few days buy a promethean P300H, and only can play 20 min and the amp is fail.

The filter capacitos of the power supply, is broken. Bery bad for new amp...

:(

5. Register to disable this ad