1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

"Proper " order to hook this stuff together

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by boomboom4200, Dec 19, 2013.

1. boomboom4200

boomboom4200

Ampeg svt3 pro, line 6 g50 wireless, polytune tuner, ampeg 410 cab Tech 21 vt bass deluxe, fender USA deluxe active p bass, classic rock and roll, no pa support for bass, how do I go about getting optimal sound tonight, proper order,
    I know it's kinda subjective but please point me in the right direction, many thanks, seth
  2. SuperK

SuperK Supporting Member

Seems pretty straightforward

Bass>G50>Tuner>VT Bass>SVT3PRO>410 Cab

Now getting the optimal sound will be dependent on a lot of factors including the size and layout of the room/stage, volume of drums/guitars, etc. Generally speaking you're going to want to boost your low mids.
  3. boomboom4200

boomboom4200

4. boomboom4200

boomboom4200

Big rectangular room 80x100, full of people
    1 to 10 scale of overall volume is6.5.you say boost low mids.??
  5. SuperK

SuperK Supporting Member

Yep. Boosting your mids in general should get you heard in the mix. If your bass EQ is boosted too much you're going to sound muddy and compete with the kick drum. If you're treble EQ is boosted too much you're going to get lost the guitar mix. You want to be somewhere in the middle but slightly on the low end of the middle. You can keep your bass and treble knobs straight up and down at "noon" and crank up your mid knob to about 2:00 - 3:00. On your mid-frequency knob select "2"

I don't play an Ampeg 410 but if you have the SVT410HLF I've heard that they can sound "muddy" so boosting the mids will get you out of the mud.

How do you have the VT Bass set?
  6. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

How much playing have you done with the vt deluxe? The presets are handy for boosting level or giving an alternate slap eq / extra drive etc.

If you're close to your cab a riser for it gives you a better impression of what it sounds like in the room, as opposed to having it on the floor blasting your calves. Try not to stand directly in front of it. You make a good muffler doing that.

Low mids is 120 to 400hz. Not familiar with svt3 but assuming it has mid selector, probably go for the low one. Or not, every room is different.

Have fun.
  7. boomboom4200

boomboom4200

Bypassing the pre on the svt3, everything seems sweet, ill let y'all know at break
  8. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Ha, that's one way to simplify everything.
  9. boomboom4200

boomboom4200

Short first set, everything awsome (except most of the BL 's song choices) this pedal is pretty sweet, I am able to cover all the music with 3 of the six presets (tailored of course) this is just a run through tonight for some friends and family. Tomorrow is the big game, y'all are so helpful
  10. boomboom4200

boomboom4200

No, im wireless so I got to travel the room during "sound check "
  11. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

so it's sansamp into the "power amp in" jack or the effects return of the SVT3?

that's a good, simple way to run things!

hell, if you like it you should ditch that ampeg head and just get a regular PA power amp, it's the same thing but better.
  12. boomboom4200

boomboom4200

effects return,I been thinking of doing that,I don't really get that whole "ampeg sound "thing,I am looking to just pick up a decent pre,something with a little more dynamic than the vt bass deluxe,a decent power amp and to WAYYYY downsize the 410,the ven ues I perform are small enough that,a 2x10 is more than sufficient,and the bigger places I play a few times a year have backline or pa support,im trying to search threads for settings on my ampeg,i figure that ,mixed with the vt bass deluxe,should cover ALOT