1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

protecting yourself in a trade?

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help Desk' started by robotriot, Feb 8, 2013.

1. robotriot

robotriot

I've never proceeded with a trade before, and i'm trading with a fellow TBer who has a VERY good sale reviews / rating (100% here and on ebay), but I, alas, don't have a rating at all (never sold anything on the net before..). I agreed to send my bass first and when he gets mine he would send his.

Should I ask him to write out the agreement and sign and i will do the same thing? He seems totally legit, i'm probably the sketchier looking one (just started using this forum, and never sold anything online before ..) Or are the message logs ENOUGH to protect myself in this situation?
  2. gene beauchamp

gene beauchamp Supporting Member

I have done several trades on here and I was scared at first. In all cases we both sent the same day and emailed tracking# right away. Talking on the phone also helps. I wouldnt send yours first. Just to avoid buyers remorse if anything.
  3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

The arrangement works for me. If not already addressed, it provides a thinly-veiled inspection period for the other party. Not a bad idea when dealing with a relatively unknown TB seller / buyer....you.

Riis
  4. robotriot

robotriot

Yeah, I think thats the idea. I totally understand this situation, I just didn't know if I needed to take some extra step to protect my investment. But I guess I just have to go by the good words of fellow TBers.

thanks!
  5. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

If the other party is a frequent TB contributor and solid dealer in the classifieds, you'll be okay with any existing dialogue or stipulated conditions. The seasoned users are pretty good at spelling out the hereto's and wherefor's to avoid confusion and streamline the transaction.

Riis
  6. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    Personally I usually just do trades on cheap things unless I know the other party.