Pseudo critique needed....

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by russpurdy, Jan 28, 2014.

1. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

Hey guys and gals. I was wondering if anyone would be able to check out a few demo tracks I did and give me their thoughts on the tunes. They are rough but you'll get the idea of the song structure.

I'm also curious as to whether any of you think they would work as Bass and Drum Duo songs (bi-amped bass with clean and fuzzed out amps)

Guitarist always seems to be busy so I am toying with the idea of ditching guitar altogether or at least being able to gig as either a duo or trio dependig on availability. Most of the guitar tracks are just doubled bass lines (I wrote on bass).

Thanks!!

2. russpurdy

3. Dave Siff

Dave Siff

I dug it. Definitely some cool riffage there. I think it could work with two or three tracks of bass instead of guitar.
    Are these instrumentals or will there be vocals eventually?

4. russpurdy

There will eventually be vocals. I'm going to go back and retrack/fix up the drums on most of them but wanted to get something down as a sort of "pre-production" I guess.

Definitely alot of room for vocal melodies, they kind of drag otherwise.

Also, thanks for the comment! I might try two different versions over the same drum track (one all bass, one with guitars) and post them for comparison.

5. Register to disable this ad