1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pups and Pre

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TheAngryPocket, Jan 13, 2013.

1. TheAngryPocket

TheAngryPocket

Wanna put active pups and preamp/EQ in my Warlock and a preamp in another bass. I was curious on a few things with battery placement(yes, I did my diligent search). How do I install a battery(18v) if the only place I can put it is in the control area(I checked, and I do have plenty of room). And if anyone else has done that, how did they go about it. For the other bass, it has passive pups, so is having 18v for just a preamp/EQ overkill, and just need 9v, or does it still yield the same amount of head room? Thank you, TB.
  2. grendle

grendle Supporting Member

cut a piece of foam to fit the cavity and cover the pots etc. stuff the batteries against the foam and the control cover side so they don't move around. dont over think it, it doesnt have to be pretty, just functional.
  3. TheAngryPocket

TheAngryPocket

Cool. Thanks.
  4. TheAngryPocket

TheAngryPocket

Anyone's thoughts on a 9/18v pre with passives?