1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

PUPS replacement for Ampeg Big Stud....

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Delapaz, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Delapaz

Delapaz

Disclosures:
    Frontman, Bass Player
    What kind of pickups are the best for an ampeg big stud bass? i really want to improve the overall sound, because i love it as the instrument it is, recording is awesome but the output seems to be of a low volume, i know this bass is rare, hope someone can help with this, thank you alot!
  2. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

I love the Big Stud a very underrated bass I would check the output of the pickup first to make sure it's functioning properly and if you still need a change I would contact Curtis Novak to see if he can modify your existing pickup or build you a hotter replica that will fit without any modifications to the bass the guy does awesome work.