1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

push pull EMG 40TW wiring?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Means2nEnd, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Hello members I was wondering if you guys could help me out with an EMG wiring question. I figure I would find the most knowledgeable guys right here. I just bought a set of 40WT pickups in good condition in the classifieds from a member with good feedback etc….

I jumped the gun I have been looking for a good condition set of these for weeks and they popped up and I pulled the trigger a little too quickly. Seller did nothing wrong he had good description and pictures. The sale was for two 40TW’s with the bus module for each and two push pull volume pots I assume 25K for the active pickups. These EMG pickups new come with EMG customized pots and can be “quick connected” easily following the diagrams. The ones I bought obviously do not. Anyway I am handy and quit capable of wiring them with the standard push pull pots if I could figure out from a good picture of the pots micro wiring and connections on the mini PC boards but I can’t see it to see how everything is routed.
    Correct pot and harness….or should I say I think this is it…

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350661639935?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Anyone here know how to wire these guys so I can switch the pickups from their standard dual coil to stacked singles with the regular push pull pots from this link?

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f129/fs;-emg-40tws-5-string-pups-946714/

2. VinKreepo

VinKreepo

3. Means2nEnd

VinKreepo, you kick ass! I looked all over thank you so much! If you were here I get you a pizza and a 6 pack!

4. Means2nEnd

Noted and right on cookie man!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. VinKreepo

VinKreepo