1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Push/Pull off switch for OBP 1

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by gimmeagig, Nov 24, 2012.

1. gimmeagig

gimmeagig

I have the OBP 1 18V preamp in my Modulus J Bass and I'm wondering what it would take to replace one of the pots with a push /pull option to be able to run active or passive.
    My Sadowsky preamps have that and I really like that feature.
    Can you guys tell me if that is doable and what parts I might need.
    The Sadowsky pre has the switch on the Bass pot and I have a Noll preamp where it is on the volume pot.Does it matter where I put it?

2. line6man

line6man

250k or 500k push/pull, if you put in on a volume or tone knob. I believe the bass and treble pots are 25k for the OBP1, if you want to put a push/pull on one of them.

3. gimmeagig

gimmeagig

I'm going to have a local repair guy do that for me.Is there a schematic for that modification floating around somewhere on the web that I could print out for him?

4. line6man

line6man

He should know how to do this already.
    [​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gimmeagig

gimmeagig

Thanks, Lineman.I'm sure you're right, my guy has repaired a couple of amps for me which seems a lot harder than this.I'll send him the diagram anyway.