1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Push/Pull off switch for OBP 1

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by gimmeagig, Nov 24, 2012.

1. gimmeagig

gimmeagig

I have the OBP 1 18V preamp in my Modulus J Bass and I'm wondering what it would take to replace one of the pots with a push /pull option to be able to run active or passive.
    My Sadowsky preamps have that and I really like that feature.
    Can you guys tell me if that is doable and what parts I might need.
    The Sadowsky pre has the switch on the Bass pot and I have a Noll preamp where it is on the volume pot.Does it matter where I put it?
  2. line6man

line6man

250k or 500k push/pull, if you put in on a volume or tone knob. I believe the bass and treble pots are 25k for the OBP1, if you want to put a push/pull on one of them.
  3. gimmeagig

gimmeagig

I'm going to have a local repair guy do that for me.Is there a schematic for that modification floating around somewhere on the web that I could print out for him?
  4. line6man

line6man

He should know how to do this already.
    [​IMG]
  5. gimmeagig

gimmeagig

Thanks, Lineman.I'm sure you're right, my guy has repaired a couple of amps for me which seems a lot harder than this.I'll send him the diagram anyway.