1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Putting together a P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mfbolton, Dec 18, 2012.

1. mfbolton

mfbolton Multi-Instrumentalist - M.F. Bolton Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    I've decided to put together a P Bass. I trolled eBay for awhile. I finally found a body I liked, plus it was fully loaded. The body is an MJT. It is loaded with a Fender Vintage P pickup, pots and wiring. All the hardware is Fender as well.

I haven't quite decided on a neck, but I am thinking of a bound and blocked, maple/maple.

What do all think?

Attached Files:

2. I love the look of that neck on almost any bass. It's definitely what I would put on that body.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. mfbolton

mfbolton Multi-Instrumentalist - M.F. Bolton Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    I ordered a neck for this project today. Ended up going with a Fender Road Worn 50's Precision Bass neck. I've heard great things about them, and it should compliment the broken in look of the body. Should have it early to mid next week. You can bet I'll post a ton of pictures!

5. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

Excellent choice of necks. I have a couple/few 50's and 50's Road Worn necks on my parts basses.

6. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    RW necks are superb... what a bass.

Looking forwards to the piccys.

7. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Although I don't get the whole "road worn", "relic", etc.. thing, I have to say that every RW Fender I've played has played and sounded very good - I think you'll probably be happy with that neck, OP...

- georgestrings

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Sounds cool. Post pics...please. Or, it didn't happen.

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  10. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Gold Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    +1 here.

Though considering your body is relic'd it should complete the look.