1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

q-balls, truly an enigma

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mikal, Nov 19, 2013.

1. mikal

mikal

I've had the pedal for a few months now, and I just can't dial it to where I want it. It will produce a lot of great sounds,but some of them are just unusable.
    Maybe its my other gear, but other pedals work fine?

I'm using an SR506, into a Jeff Berlin combo. Any recommended settings for my guitar or amp to get this pedal hitting a nice auto-wah that isn't "pingy, or super low and bubbly?
  2. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Supporting Member

With all of the controls this pedal has you would think you could dial in any sound you want. It is a great pedal. I bought one when they were first released, sold it and bought another. It truly lives up to its name. I think you have to have the the sensitivity setup perfect before anything else will work. Any little adjustment yields a huge difference in tone. It is definitely a PITA To dial in but once you get what you want it makes it all worthwhile. Ymmv.
  3. mikal

mikal

Sensitivity first. Please explain. Q, sensitivity, and start seem to make the biggest difference. A lot of times, I can't get a good sound so I just dont use it.
    Forgive my ignorance, I'm learning