1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

q-balls, truly an enigma

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mikal, Nov 19, 2013.

1. mikal

mikal

I've had the pedal for a few months now, and I just can't dial it to where I want it. It will produce a lot of great sounds,but some of them are just unusable.
    Maybe its my other gear, but other pedals work fine?

I'm using an SR506, into a Jeff Berlin combo. Any recommended settings for my guitar or amp to get this pedal hitting a nice auto-wah that isn't "pingy, or super low and bubbly?

2. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Having fun yet? Supporting Member

With all of the controls this pedal has you would think you could dial in any sound you want. It is a great pedal. I bought one when they were first released, sold it and bought another. It truly lives up to its name. I think you have to have the the sensitivity setup perfect before anything else will work. Any little adjustment yields a huge difference in tone. It is definitely a PITA To dial in but once you get what you want it makes it all worthwhile. Ymmv.

3. mikal

mikal

Sensitivity first. Please explain. Q, sensitivity, and start seem to make the biggest difference. A lot of times, I can't get a good sound so I just dont use it.
    Forgive my ignorance, I'm learning