Quality Cheap Bass Guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tdbass2, Apr 10, 2014.

1. tdbass2

tdbass2

Schecter SGR C4 Bass Guitar

I had been looking around for a new #1 bass for a while, and after some research on inexpensive models out there pulled the trigger on the Schecter SGR C4.

Out of the box, the set-up was just right. This bass drips of high quality Schecter manufacturing, from the black chrome tuners to the notched diamond series strap fastener.

A high gloss white finish covers a two inch diamond series carved slab of basswood, which is light, yet lets all the thick harmonics of the lower notes punch through a sweet mid-range field.

The 24 medium fret maple/rosewood neck is silky, not varnished. and is very Jazz bass like in it's feel. 6 bolts hold the neck snugly against the body.

Two passive SGR Schecter Diamond Plus Humbuckers with separate tone and volume controls are set under the neck and close to the fat Schecter Diamond Bridge. They cover a wide range of tonal blends, from bluesy P bass to Warwick slap.

No string guides here. The headstock is angled back, eliminating any string buzz, and the nut is hefty. String alignment from tuner to bridge is almost completely straight.

I picked this up on line for under $200.00 as a factory second, with very minor blemishes near the solid jack input. I own a much higher priced Schecter 5 Omen Extreme, and there is virtually no difference in the attention to detail and quality. The only thing cheap about this axe is the price.

Attached Files:

2. Lazarevicmass

Lazarevicmass

Schecter are awesome basses, they look and great. I have the Stiletto Extreme 5, i love the thing. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1397165119.611652.jpg
  3. thomcat79

thomcat79

Hey tdbass 2

Congrats on the new schecter;)

i got a squier jazz bass a few years ago that was ready to go
    as soon as it came out the box.

the action was nice and low , no trussrod adjustment was needed.
    and the tone was great , i even done sum gigs in some bars
    with that bass , and there wasnt that big a gap with that and
    the fender mim p bass i replaced it with except the price , i wish I
    wouldnt have gotten rid of that bass:crying:

congrats again. enjoy:D