Queens of the Stone Age's new album to have Dave Grohl on drums

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by I<34080, Nov 6, 2012.

1. I<34080

I<34080

2. garmenteros

garmenteros Junkyard Scout Gold Supporting Member

saw a picture they uploaded to facebook of the control board recently... pretty stoked... I hope the new them crooked vultures record sees the day of light soon enough too.

3. Gasman

Gasman Gold Supporting Member

Mixed feelings. SFTD was such a great album with Grohl on drums, but I really like Joey Castillo's drumming. Sometimes I think his style is better suited for the band overall. And "Lullabies" might be my favorite QOTSA album, on which Castillo plays. Still, excited about new QOTSA album- one of the few bands whose music I buy without reservations

4. IPA

IPA

yes. yessss!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

For me, any track Lanegan sings on makes a QOTSA album. Not read the link...is he involved in the new record?

7. Blue_Whistle88

Blue_Whistle88 Supporting Member

I agree with what's above, about LTP being a great album. It's my favourite by them too, cause as cool as SFTD is, the album has few dynamics (courtesy of the LOUD mastering), and there isn't a lot of x-factor on the album (good driving rock songs though). Lullabies was great though, VERY out there a lot of the time and yes, I think Castillo's feel suits the band better. Dave's a great drummer but he plays with a lot of intensity, and QOTSA is fairly laid back a lot of the time.

I liked EV too, had a few really good songs, and Josh is an outstanding musician so this'll be interesting to see. The bass player they had on the tour was cool, really suited the vibe (like Castillo), so it would have been interesting to see what Josh could have put together now he's more settled with the line-up, but oh well. He must change the line-up of that group more than he changes his guitar strings...

8. millsbass5

millsbass5

Queens of the Stone Age is gonna feature Davey Grohl on the skins.............

And???

I kid, I kid. Or, I could be like some of the others on here and make an "internet citizens arrest" on you for starting a thread that's non-bass related.:D I can't them types.

9. portlandguy

portlandguy

10. I<34080

I<34080

That's why I'm posting in Misc.

Honestly, I think Dave's stuff was much better than Joey's. I do love Lullabies though. My favorite album is still the self titled.

11. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

12. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

I also heard a rumor Oliveri may be back in the band eventually. That would be my dream lineup. Homme, Grohl, Lanegan, Oliveri, and van leeuwen. Fav band hands down. I'm super cited for this new album.

13. bassinplace

bassinplace

Wasn't he the drummer on Songs For The Deaf? Either way, YES! Would be awesome if Oliveri came back too.

14. diegobxr

diegobxr

Dave Grohl is probably the coolest human being in the history of Earth.

'Nuff said.

:hyper: