1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Question about Behringer MINIAMP AMP800 power supply...

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by BritFunk, Mar 28, 2014.

1. BritFunk

BritFunk

Folks, I recently picked up a Behringer MINIAMP AMP800 headphone distribution amplifier from a friend, but he didn't have the power supply for it. I am finding conflicting things online about it - I get that it is 9V and 750mA, but I can't find anything concrete about whether or not it is AC or DC, and if it is DC what the polarity is (tip positive or tip negative). Anyone own one of these that would be willing to have a quick glance at the adapter and let me know how that thing is wired? I probably have an adapter lying around that would work on it, but I am reluctant to try anything until I know exactly what the power requirements are.

Thanks for any help you could give me!

----
    Kurt

2. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Is the info printed on the amp itself? There is usually either a sticker on them or it's printed right near the power supply input.

3. BritFunk

BritFunk

My friend,

Were it only that easy. :rollno: What is on the reverse of the amp above the power input jack is just 9V, 750mA. No AC or DC markings and no polarity indication.

----
    Kurt

4. BigBeatNut

BigBeatNut

The manual says:

9V~ 750mA

The ~ I'm fairly sure means AC, which would also mean you don't need to worry about pos/neg tip.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BritFunk

BritFunk

My Friend,

OK - that's just awesome to know. I looked it up and yes, amazingly it is used for AC (looks like a sine wave). I hadn't considered that since generally when I have seen it used in the past the tilde often meant "approximately", which in this case I took to mean the input voltage could vary a bit from spec and still be OK.

Thanks a million!

----
    Kurt