1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Question About Ibanez GSR200

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reddog01, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Reddog01

Reddog01

I have a GSR200 made in early 2006. I have a question about the control knobs on this bass. Does this model have a separate volume control for the front pickup and another volume control for the rear pickup, or does it have one volume control and one balance control? I noticed that the top left control (as I look down on it) clearly controls volume. If I turn it down, and turn up the top right knob, I get no sound. I'm not sure if I have a volume/balance setup or a P-pickup / J-pickup volume controls. I just got this bass, and I haven't played with it enough to try to figure out what I have, but I knew that some helpful soul would help me out on this.

2. gingerfunkk

gingerfunkk

The bottom right knob is tone, the one furthest left is your neck pickup (front) and the one to the right of it is the bridge pickup (rear)
    I have the newer model with the boost tone so I'm not sure if yours does too but just as some advice I wouldn't recommend turning the boost or the volume on the pickups up fully as you get a of distortion (not the cool type either)

3. PaullyWally

PaullyWally

Just wondering if you got the control knobs figured out? I just bought the same bass guitar and none of the knobs work unless i have the rear pickup knob on