1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Question about one piece jazz bass pickguard/controlplate

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by senor-penguin, Dec 27, 2012.

1. senor-penguin

senor-penguin

[​IMG]

I'm looking to put this on my MIM Jazz Bass, but am wondering if it would fit all the way. I know Fender made some jazz basses that came with this pickguard stock, but would it fit on my normal MIM Jazz?

Link to the pickguard

2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

.. just my thought, but that would certainly be a question I would ask of the maker of the plate .. in fact I would ask them to send me a paper tracing of the pickguard and then try it for myself ...

... I have seen a few folk go from the one piece on the mid 90's Black Label Fender/Squier J's to the conventional p/g & control plate, but never the reverse ... innovative!!

3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

the one-piece is what came on the cheap squiers and the early mexis; you don't want that.

(aside from looking more "low budget", you'd have the output jack now mounted in weak plastic instead of strong metal, a step backwards.)

4. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man.

Yeah, just get a black control plate or paint yours.

Edit: besides, that one piece looks too much like North America. :p

5. Register to disable this ad