1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Question about recording guitar.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Spenser, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Spenser

Spenser

Hello, I'm wondering what techniques are used when the pros track acoustic guitar in the studio. For example, when I listen to a professional recording, and there's absolutely no flaws (of course), I wonder how they do it. Is it heavily chopped up and edited? Or do most record take after take until it's perfect? I ask because I'm recording a cover of Fast Car by Tracy Chapman, and I'm doing tons of takes and it seems that there's always a flaw; a note that's picked a little too light, a buzz, finger noise, etc. Why do professional recordings have none of this?

2. ma4rk

ma4rk

I guess they have worked their butts off musically & don't have to worry about a day job getting in the way of practice. And they might spend days/weeks playing the song over & over in the studio until it is perfect. There is probably also a producer making sure the recording is up to a certain standard.

Keep persisting, cut & paste if needed & you could achieve same results