Question about slap effects

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by Gladowsky, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Gladowsky

Gladowsky

Hi Adam

I took a tapping course from you last year and am still working through it. I hope to go onto your other courses in the future as well. Meanwhile, I was listening to the song Truth from your Evidence album and am very impressed with the slap tone you are getting. I don't expect to replicate it as I have a different bass and have a different touch but was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing the effects you were using for that song.

2. gzarruk

gzarruk

Don´t know if he used effects to record those lines but i´m really sure that most part of that amazing sound comes from his amazing Curbow Retro II 5

3. adamnitti

adamnitti

hi gladowsky!

thanks for posting. on the tune, 'truth' i used a prototype of what later became the curbow 'retro II' 5 string bass. i didn't use any effects on the bass when i tracked it. i still use it a lot today. there was only a touch of compression applied during mixing stages. that is easily one of my most-used basses when i record. i'm glad you dug it!

4. onetime

onetime

Adam,
    Are you also using the Curbow Retro II 5 on the track "The good foot?" Man that tone is killer!
    Andre

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. adamnitti

adamnitti

yup, that's the bass on that tune! thanks for the kind words. :D