1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Question about your rig

Discussion in 'Ask Doug Johns' started by SolaiBassist, Mar 7, 2012.

1. SolaiBassist

SolaiBassist

Hi Dough,

I really dig ur tone from the 9.0 & über 410. My question is:
    1. Does the 9.0 have a clean DI? Am torn between Aguilars Ag 500 coz of its killer DI but the shuttle 9 hands down has more features/power
    2. What kind of 4 string bass did u have for your you tube videos about ur rig? It also sounded like it has round wounds. What kind of strings?

Thank you in advance
  2. mupchu

mupchu

Have not seen Doug here in a few . . . hopefully he is busy on the new album :)

I have a GB shuttle 3.0 - and just laid down a few tracks with the DI. It is very clean, and the engineer was more than happy with it. In fact we made plans to re-do all my previous tracks on this album with the new head. I would expect more of the same from the 9.0

For his basses . . . . Pedulla MVP

go to Doug Johns | SuperFunky Bass Music and he gives a pretty good run down of his gear. He also uses DR Sunbeams (his site has the gauges).

hope that helps ;)
  3. Doug Johns

Doug Johns

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla, Genz Benz, Pigtronix, DR Strings, Dunlop
    Thanks guys, yes, I've been in the studio working on some new stuff. Mupchu, I appreciate you answering Solaibassist's questions. Your dead-on!!