1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Question for Grey Stache Users...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by russpurdy, Mar 4, 2014.

1. russpurdy

russpurdy

When you have the tone dimed and turn the mids all the way down does your signal drop out completely? I never realized mine did this before.

2. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

I think I recall that happening with mine. I always crank the mids all the way up though.

3. russpurdy

russpurdy

I figured it was an issue of how much signal is being allowed through. I put it up for sale so I ran through all the controls to make sure it was working properly and couldn't remember ever maxing the controls like that. Anyone else notice the same phenomenon?

4. MCS4

MCS4 Supporting Member

I do seem to recall something like that happening when I first tried it out and was working through the ranges of the knobs. I would never know now because I always dime the mids knob.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. russpurdy

russpurdy

Just in case anyone was curious I checked with Ryan from Fuzzrocious (he must be sick of my emails by now haha) and this is a normal thing.

7. BruceBass3901

BruceBass3901

Happens with my GS+. Its just the way the tone stack works for this pedal. Crank the mids and cut through to your hearts content!

8. rratajski

rratajski

Disclosures:
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Hi Russ,
    I emailed you back as soon as I woke up. The mids knob (like on the Way Huge Swollen Pickle) is an addition to the circuit; therefore, it won't act like a "normal" muff. Yes, that is normal for muffs with mids additions.