1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Question for Lakland guys

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bert Slide, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

I traded a bass for this Lakland Skyline 44-60 and I love it. Sounds, looks, feels great and will now take over #1 stage duties from my Am STD jazz. I've been trying to find out more about it. I can't find this color with blocks and binding anywhere online. I see teal basses in the 44-60 without blocks and teal DJ basses that are bound/blocked and look like mine but the teal is a much bluer color green. This bass is more of say an emerald green with silver flake in it. I found similar colors on the Lakland site but only on US made Laklands.

I'm posting pics but only have a phone cam and I notice the color appears much bluer in the pics than in real life. Note that in one pic I include a green bic lighter for reference. It also appears more blue, it is the standard normal green color but it shows a little how the bass is also a very green green.

This bass had a retail tag of $1699 with a street price marked at $1279 which seems to be in line with the DJ basses and other high end Skylines but I just can't find this model in this color anywhere. Anyone know what it's called? Could this be what they call teal? I swear if you see it live it's much greener looking but I can't capture it on the cam and my pics do look similar to but still not so blue looking as the teal in pics I see online.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Dubista

Dubista

I believe that's just the Lakland Skyline 44-60 Custom, formerly known as the Joe Osbourne or JO, model. The "Custom" just means that it's got the block and bound neck. Regarding the colour, I'm no expert but, I want to say it was a limited run that they only produced for one year, fairly recently; it's called "Teal Green Metallic". You also get that super cool matching headstock.

I also remember having huge GAS for this when it came out, you lucky dog. ;)

Congratulations. She's a Beauty
  3. Mola Ram

Mola Ram

Yep, what Dubista said. This was part of the Skyline Limited Editions Lakland had out for 2011.

I remember being very angry that everyone of them had blocks EXCEPT the trans white. Broke my heart.
  4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Very pretty!
  5. Basstardus

Basstardus

I have the 44-64 like that, w/o binding and blocks, Limited Edition 2010
    great sounding bass
  6. shizoz

shizoz

Wouldn't it be a DJ with the separate tone knob? The JO models are volume-tone stacks right?
  7. Basstardus

Basstardus

shizoz, US series is a stack knob, Skyline series is VOL/VOL/TONE, this is a Skyline 44-60 Custom
  8. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

They had a used white one there with tort and rosewood and dots. Beautiful and a great playing bass too but the bound neck on this just felt SO good. I was really shopping for a P when I found it. I'd been in this shop several times in the past month and kept being drawn to it. I A/Bed it with every other P and J style instrument in the shop including American Fenders and it was to me anyway the best bass in the shop and the best I'd played anywhere in a long time in that price range so I had to get it. So I still own no P and 2 Jazzes but maybe I'm just a Jazz guy. :)
  9. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

Hey I'm thinking about changing up the pickguard. Anyone have any suggestions on color, torts, pearls, etc. and where is the best place to get pickguards to fit laklands?