1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Question for Mike Lull Connaisseurs!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mexibass, Dec 9, 2013.

1. mexibass

mexibass

Hey guys, I got a big decision to make. Need a little help though:

Is the body of a M5 smaller than a M5V?

Same for the M4 versus the M4V?

Thanks for your input!!
  2. mark beem

mark beem Supporting Member

Never had a chance to A/B them but my guess would be yes, the "M" (modern) bodies are smaller then the "MV" (vintage full-size) bodies. Plus it's a slightly different design.
  3. mark beem

mark beem Supporting Member

4. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

I thought the MV's had a smaller body than a full size bass.
  5. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Anything with an "M" is a slimmed down body, the full size bodies are always just "V4" or "P4"
  6. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

the 4's do, but every 5'er i've seen has had a full size body.
  7. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

yup, 21-fret vs 24-fret.
  8. mexibass

mexibass

Thank you all for chipping in :) it's just that I've bothered Paul and Greg from Rocket Music so much about any tiny aspect of my next build that I wanted to give them a break just for once LOL!

I'm aware of the number of frets that come standard in each model, I just couldn't help but notice that, in pictures, the M5 or M4 looks smaller or slimmer than its MV version, but that might be just me. Anyway, I'm wondering if they're not the same size, if I could get a M5V with a M5 body.