1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Question for Mono M80 Dual Bass case owners/users

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by thisSNsucks, Jul 31, 2013.

1. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

Hi all,

I have a question. I'm looking to pick up a good dual bass bag. I had the igig 515D before and it was a great bag, but rather bulky.

I like the slim design of the Mono M80 Dual but I'm concerned that I wont be able to fit everything I need.

Here's what I would like to fit in the bag:

1 Fender P Bass
    1 Squier jaguar Bass
    1 Peterson V-Sam Tuner
    1 Tech 21 VT bass
    2 6" Patch Cables
    1 15' Instrument Cable
    1 Groovetools Bass tool kit

So, do you think it will all fit? or should I go back to the igig?

Thanks in advance!
  2. johnsonabq

johnsonabq Hanging on in quiet desperation... Gold Supporting Member

I can't say for sure all that will fit in the Mono dual bass bag (probably), but if not, you can add the "tick" and that surely will allow you to carry all you need.

M80 GUITAR TICK
  3. bclark812008

bclark812008 Supporting Member

I'm with Jeff. I'm of the understanding that the Mono has very comparable 'usable' storage space to the iGig!

...and the tick seems to be a cool little bag with multiple uses!
  4. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Supporting Member

I think the Tick only works on the single bag, but I may be wrong.

I think your gear will fit. I love my bag, best one I've ever used!
  5. johnsonabq

Yeah, you're right. Even though the website says it works with any M80 bag, when I got home from work I looked at my dual bag and the required eye loops for attachment aren't there. Oh well. Still think you should go for the bag.
  6. jbravo

jbravo Siddown, Waldo! Supporting Member

I agree! The mono double bag is killer! Lotsa room and its not just good enough for fenders- I carry 2 Spectors in mine! :)
  7. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Mine carries one Warwick and one Fender plus three 15' instrument cables, a couple packs of strings, a pair of pliers, some 9V batteries, etc...

The main issue with the pockets is that they prefer flatter gear. Don't know the dimensions on you tuner or kit but the rest will easily fit.
  8. johnsonabq

The pocket will fit a Tone Hammer 500 and more! That's pretty good.
  9. bunkaroo

bunkaroo Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I didn't keep much in my Mono Dual on our last trip, but I had two Spectors in there, and the pocket seemed like it would easily take all the things you described.
  10. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Yes, all of that stuff should fit in the front pouch. I fit my GK MB500 and power cable in mine, sometimes I shove a 10' or 15' cable in there or a thick strap too. The amp and cable fit fine, shoving the other stuff makes it really tight.

The newest dual bags have the loops so the tick will work. The older bags (like mine) don't have them, which stinks. I've thought about selling mine to get the newer bag, as I have the tick and a Vertigo bag as well.
  11. thisSNsucks

Thanks for all the replies!

Looks like I will be placing an order for the mono.

I think I'll go with the steel gray color.
  12. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Nope. Very limited pocket space with the Mono compared to the iGig. The double bag is very good... very light, double zippers (totally separate compartments for each bass). They came out with that 'tick' thing to make up for the very limited pocket space versus most other bags.

With the Tick, plenty of storage (assuming you can use it with the double bag).
  13. bclark812008

good to know! I've never owned a double gig bag or an iGig, but the dealer I got the M80 bag from told me they were comparable so I took him at his word. ...maybe he was just to lazy to place an order! :D

I really liked the mono bag I owned and the tick just seems like a really functional bag!
  14. thisSNsucks

Well I have a Mono on the way to me from Musiciansfriend so I will make sure to report back when it arrives.

I'm thinking that if anything I may just have to slim down my tool bag a bit, but with having 2 basses handy (1 being a backup) I wouldn't really need to be carrying it around with me much .
  15. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

+1 Great bag, and if you get the 'tick' you will pretty much match the iGig with that set-up. The 'internal' pockets of that bag are pretty limited. Yes, you can kind of cram some stuff in there, but it is so tight as to be a pain.

I'm not a fan of the iGig. It really is more of a soft bag, and it is, for some reason, quite heavy. If you put an amp and all your cables and all that stuff in there, with a bass (much less two basses) that would be pretty brutal.

The Mono is my favorite double bag. It has totally separate compartments with their own zipper for each bass (key feature for me on a double bag), and it is a 'hybrid' design that provides quite a bit of protection. Very lightweight, well made, and it looks good also.
  16. johnsonabq

Absolutely! Mono is all I use and if it can't carry all I need I'll deal with it.
  17. thisSNsucks

Happy to say that the mono bag arrived and it fit everything without a problem.

Now there's no room for anything else but I wouldn't need anything more in there anyway .

Awesome bag!
  18. bclark812008

Very cool! Did you get the tick too, or just the M80?
  19. thisSNsucks

Just the m80 dual. I have the vt bass with 2 patch cables in the top zipper area, and my vsam, cables, eztra strings and tool kit in the bottom area.
  20. thisSNsucks

Been touring this weekend with the mono and it's great!

Even managed to squeeze in some spare batteries, strings and even some backup cables. Not bad!

Here's a cool shot of me with it onstage

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1376788823.473351.jpg