1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Question for owners of newer Fenders

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by birminghambass, Oct 5, 2013.

1. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

How does the "thinner undercoat" wear over time? I saw a 2010 MIA jazz that had really bad wear on the bottom. Shop said it was from the owner always playing it in the sitting position :what: I briefly owned a 2009 MIA jazz, finish was nice but it did seem a bit fragile compared to my 2006 MIA.
  2. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

I've got an 08' that looks pretty good, no real wear other than the normal scratches and rash on the back of the body.
  3. Hapa

Hapa

Disclosures:
    Bass Industry guy, currently a free agent
    unless you go through the thick top poly coat you will never go through the undercoat. It is marketing for a change in the type of primer they used on non transparent paint. Not really a "feature" it is thinner making a toe forward in the Fender finishing process. now If they sanded the bodies properly and used a few less ounces of finish that would be different. Fender's finishing adds no less than half a pound of plastic to a raw body.