Question for Rat Tail Users...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by russpurdy, Feb 4, 2014.

1. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

So I'm sorry for posting all these rat clone posts but I have a question for Rat Tail users.

Might be a dumb one but...

Can the Rat Tail do the same clangy, harmonic top end that a rat does when the drive is at about halfway? The small amount of demos I have heard sound great but don't show much of that clang that I could hear. As my other post states I'm kinda waffling between the Rat Tail and the Iron Pig. I have wanted a rat tail for a long time but want to be sure it can do the barky cutting sound that I like with fatter lows than a regular rat.

Thanks!
  2. knumbskull

knumbskull

yes, i think so (I've never owned a stock Rat but have heard them used by others, to be clear).

anyway, the filters on the RT allow you to dial in plenty of clang.
  3. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

If you turn the Filter knob to the fully treble side and play with the 1 and 2 knob, you can get that slicing sound. I use mine in that way. It still keeps a good amount of bass but adds a cool upper mid grind.

The Rat Tail has a TON of tonal capabilities.
  4. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

Well that does it. Gotta have one.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

The Rat Tail can do anything a Rat pedal can do only better with even more tonal capabilities than you could imagine.
  7. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

If you want barking get the Feedback mod. It will bark, screech, scream and tear your house down.
  8. erigod23

erigod23

Oh, it does clangy, all right. Love mine! Its almost always on.