Question for the Aria pros...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by d00dr, Mar 13, 2014.

1. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Found this on my local Craigslist. Seems to be a killer price but I'd like to know if its even worth looking into. I don't know much about Aria basses and I know some of you on here are huge vintage Aria fans. If someone could shed a little light on this mysterious Aria bass, I would be extremely grateful. Thanks, guys!

http://chautauqua.craigslist.org/msg/4371367888.html
  2. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

3. tomydacat

tomydacat Supporting Member

Looks cool to me.. from what i know they are medium scale basses if I remember correctly ..if i had the 125 and it was local id get it..IMO
  4. BowserBass

BowserBass

I know nothing abou,t it but if it was near me I would buy it in a second. Thats a cool looking bass.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

7. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom Supporting Member

Nice looking bass! For $125, jump on it!
  8. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

Oh Yeah! With the hard case?? This is a steal.
    I think that only some of the Pro II models were medium scale, but it doesn't matter. this one is very cool.

EDIT - Looking at the specs - it may be medium scale as it is shorter than the rest. I love my Pro II 32" If you buy it and don't like it, I will take it - seriously. I am buying only medium or short scale basses now.
  9. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Yeah, after a little bit of research (THANK YOU, GOOGLE!,) it looks to be a 1560. Pretty much a Japanese made Tele bass knockoff, built 1970-1974. Looks like it was Aria's only short-scale bass too. Case looks like its in amazing shape, as does the bass itself. As long as she plays alright, I think this is a no-brainer. Just gotta try and locate some pickup and bridge covers for it...
  10. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

I'm going to go meet with the guy over the weekend and see how this bass plays. I feel like its been a closet bass for many years, based on how well it and the case look. If it plays nicely, I'll pick it up. And if I don't take to it, its all yours. I'll keep you updated...