Question for those who have a Carvin sb bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkybass, Jan 22, 2014.

1. funkybass

funkybass

I have a sb5000 with the single coils, and it buzzes like crazy unless both volumes are the same. I know single coils with buzz some but man is this annoying. Also does anyone know if they come standard with a reverse wound pickup at the bridge?

2. bassmanstooge

bassmanstooge

I have an SB5000, a B50 and a new PB4 and I get a buzz from any single coil I've ever used at church. I use a BOSS ME-50B pedal for eq, tuner, compressor & volume and it has a built in noise suppressor that gets rid of any buzz and hum and it does not mess with your tone at all. I've also used a separate BOSS Noise Suppressor pedal that works. I hear the ISP Decimator pedals are really good. I have many basses with single coils and as long as I have a Noise pedal with me anywhere I play I always have a buzz free sound. Hope this helps if you haven't tried it already.

3. bassmanstooge

bassmanstooge

I forgot to mention that according to Carvin they do come with a reverse wound pickup to help eliminate hum. The buzz from single coils is a ground issue and it depends on where your bass is located around the lights and stuff. As mentioned I just use "noise" pedals to get rid of it and I'm happy.

4. Jarrett

Jarrett

The only SB I've owned that buzzed like that was one that didn't have the reverse pickup in it. Call Carvin and ask for Albert to help troubleshoot.

5. Register to disable this ad