Question questions.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Thisbecheezy, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Thisbecheezy

Thisbecheezy

So basically I have a gallien krueger 1001rb II and a 410 glx that has two eminence b810's in it and two stock paragons since I haven't gotten to replacing the other two. But my question is how can I tweak my sound so I don't have to use the db buffer when I play. I have a american series deluxe p-bass with active pickups and I love the sound but they make the cab fart at higher volume but with the buffer it loses a lot of tone. Is there any good suggestions from anyone with the head and an active bass? Should I upgrade the cab to a neo 410 to utilize the biamp feature?? I did find an avatar 410 cab for cheap with neos in it. Should I get that? Is there a pedal I could use?? Should I run a seperate 15 cab to reduce fart/popping at high volume. I normally run my amp with all tone at 12 volume low bass boost low. Bass full volume with aural enhancer at 1/2 and bass boost at 1/2 pickup selector on phase pickups instead of jazz. Ill upload pictures of setting ASAP.:crying:

2. Thisbecheezy

Thisbecheezy

Edit
    P-BASS!!!! Stupid phone

3. shaginwagin

shaginwagin

Dude it seems like every setting on your amp is boosting bass. That usually doesn't work too well. That with the mixed drivers in the cab is probably not helping things.

I'd put four matching drivers in the cab or get a new one and start again. You may be trying to fix a funky sounding cab with eq.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

First, get your cab sorted, then, +1 to NOT boosting the lows. In fact, CUT the lows, don't use any bass boost, and crank your mids up. This will provide more clean headroom, and save your spkrs. If you want to go that low, you're gonna need alot more, and better spkrs.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Thisbecheezy

Thisbecheezy

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. I'm thinking of just running passive next practice and seeing what I can do with the eq on the amp instead of the bass.

7. Thisbecheezy

Thisbecheezy

Screwed with the eq on the bass and adjusted accordingly with my amp and it sounds way better. Thanks for the help guys