1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Question

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Rymsk19, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Rymsk19

Rymsk19

Alright, If I have an amp that is 300 watts, minimum load 2ohms. and if I am running it into an 8ohm cab, about how many watts is this thing pushing, and what would it be if I ran it into another 8ohm cab? The amp has two outputs, I would be running one into each cab. Thanks for your help. Sorry for the noobish question. :help::help:
  2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

If it is rated 300 watts at the 2ohms, I would guess about 125-150 watts or so into the 8 ohm load (if SS) ... and probably about 2-225 range at the 4 ohm load ... what amp/head is it?
  3. Rymsk19

Rymsk19

It is a Carvin Pro Bass 300 Head. Wow! That much, I figured it would be like 95 lol.
  4. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

That is an old amp ... I think they would have been made for about 5-6 years in the mid 80's ... that was a bi-amp, isn't it? ... if I remember correct, they made a PB 150 and 300, but I cant remember if they rated them full power at the 2 or 4 ohm load ... give Carvin a call tomorrow
  5. Rymsk19

Rymsk19

Yeah, this model actually came around '91. Atleast thats what Carvin told me.
  6. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

..I just did a quick google search ... Carvin Pro Bass 300 Manual and it came up ... I couldn't link it but it is there waiting for you ... it showed 150/200/300 @ 8/4/2 ohms ...

... while I was there I read that this was discontinued about '87, yours may be a Pro Bass II ... either way, good luck with it .. it had one review on Harmony Central that was pretty good ...