1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassplayer1494, Jan 2, 2013.

1. bassplayer1494

bassplayer1494

So long story short, I got pulled over tonight for going 70 in a 55. Cop kinda baited me to speed up by hanging along side of me in the passing lane and I sped up to pass him. Yeah it was stupid of me to speed up and I realized that once he flipped his lights on. He pulled me over, only asked me for my license. He came back a few minutes later and just told me to slow it down. I was respectful, didn't mouth off. He didn't give me a ticket which surprised me. He also didn't ask for my registration. So my question is, will I get a ticket in the mail or did I just get a warning? I asked my dad about it and he said that the officer would have gave me it right then and there. But I'm not sure if he is right. I'm pretty paranoid right now about it..

2. natw42

natw42 Gold Supporting Member

You're fine. And lucky.

3. Chunk-O-Funk

Chunk-O-Funk

Yep, you would have gotten a ticket right there.

4. bassplayer1494

bassplayer1494

I was thinking the same thing after the cop left without getting a ticket. I just wasn't 100% positive. But yeah I learned my lesson. Just hang back if some is cruising along side of me in the fast lane.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

You're good.

7. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    No ticket. The reason he didn't give you one is that he "clocked you" by running along side. If he wrote you a ticket you could very easily beat in court. Speedometers, even on police cars, are rarely 100% accurate. If they don't hit you with a gun that won't write a ticket.

All he did was run you for warrants.

8. elgecko

elgecko

:p

But seriously, you're under surveillance now. They're trying to build a case against you and will be following your every step. Dont' let that mini van behind you fool you. That's the cops in an unmarked vehicle. I'd be surprised if they haven't already outfitted your car with a GPS tracking device and interior microphone/camera!

9. bassplayer1494

bassplayer1494

That definitely sounds like "Amurica" to me!

10. Sgt. Rock

Sgt. Rock

Most departments use calibrated speedometers in order to allow "matching speed" to be used as probable cause. Of course it's all up to the Judge in the end.