Questions about pickups for a Warmoth Custom Project PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by cv115505, Nov 8, 2012.

1. cv115505

cv115505 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lakland Basses | Hanson Guitars | Augustas Guitars | Paul & Mills Amplification
    Ok, so I've gotten it into my head that I want to undertake a custom project featuring a Warmoth '51 P Body and a Modulus jazz neck... I dont have any questions regarding this so much as i do regarding my pickups... I have a set of Hanson Chi-Sonics in the large HB-style housing... Now, as those of you who have used Warmoth know, you have to select an option for pickup routing to be done on your body. The Rio-Grande powerbucker seems close to the same size, but I want to make sure I don't go TOO big and really screw myself and I'd rather not perform additional routing if I don't have to... So, I guess my final question is does anyone knows the actual dimensions of the large housing for the Hanson Chis

2. NKBassman

NKBassman Nerd Supporting Member

You'd probably be better off ordering your body without pickup routes, and then taking it to a local luthier to do the routing for your specific pickups.

3. cv115505

cv115505 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lakland Basses | Hanson Guitars | Augustas Guitars | Paul & Mills Amplification
    exactly what i decided to do

4. joelb79

joelb79 Supporting Member

FWIW: Warmoth can route any pickup size in any location you want for a fee. I believe that fee is $35.

5. Register to disable this ad