1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Questions about Rotosound RS77 Jazz Flats?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mastershake, Feb 4, 2014.

1. mastershake

mastershake

1. Do they taper at the bridge.
    (saw a picture of one string and looked as if it did)

2. Do they mellow considerably with age (very bright).
  2. G-MonRV5

G-MonRV5

1. No. (Trying to attach a photo, but it's too large.)
    2. Yes. This was my first set of flats, and I couldn't believe how bright they were at first, but they are mellowing out nicely.
  3. Duckwater

Duckwater

+1
  4. FourBass

FourBass

How long does it take before they start to mellow out?I just put them on my MIM P bass & they are very bright.
  5. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

I've always heard that these and D'addario chromes are the brightest flats. How long they take to mellow depends on a lot of factors. Mainly how many hours you put into playing them and your skin chemistry.
  6. Greatsafari

Greatsafari

I have had my first set of these exact strings on my P-bass for 3+ months now. They have mellowed out considerably, the tone knob was used a lot for about a month, then...a buttery feel / sound came 'round. It is a rosewood fretboard. Now to see how long they stay in the comfort zone
  7. FourBass

FourBass

Thanks for the replies.+1 on putting in the time playing them.
  8. Precision101

Precision101

Depends. Mine are still very bright and I've had then on for a month