1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Questions regarding Sting bass, pickguard and bridge

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IPA, Nov 18, 2012.

1. IPA

IPA

I love my Sting bass, feels great, sounds great with its new Basslines pickup.

Two things I would like to change, need some guidance

First, does anyone know of a pickguard manufacturer that makes a pickguard specifically for the Sting bass? Or maybe another model that fits? The Dirnt bass? 52? I'm looking for thin 1-ply black.

Second, what are my options for drop-in relpacement bridges that are more easily adjustable? Individual intonation and string height preferred. I would guess the options are a bit limited with string-thru and screw hole config.

Thanks.
  2. Wallace320

Wallace320

Something very close to it it's the Squier Classic Vibe '50s one. I got the Lake Placid Blue (basswood body) one, and it sports monoply white pickguard just like yours, but if ask for the present ButterScotch version (pine body) it sports a black pickguard.
    I once had a Mike Dirnt Precision and, as enlisting a '59 splitcoil pickup, it also adopted (sorry: it adopts) a three ply white/black/white pickguard
    Black one on Precision 60th Anniversary, but again with a splitcoil pickup, so I dunno if the spacin' is singlecoil wise

No: the only alternative comin' to my mind is Squier Classic Vibe '50s ButterScotch (black) pickguard

Cheers,
    Wallace
  3. droskobass

droskobass

Disclosures:
    Part-Time, Non-Commission Employee MOOG Audio
    google pickguardian and dazbootman pickguards. the sting bass pickguard has the holes in different places than the dirnt etc. so get one specifically for the sting.

as for bridge, the current Fender USA bridge will do the trick, I also recommend the Badass III, or the wilkinson compensating brass saddles (to go on your stock bridge, these are available from ALLPARTS and many other sites). Hipshot makes great bridges too.