1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Quick! Ampeg BSE 410 or Kustom Groove 410h

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Noose, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Noose

Noose

I can grab the ampeg for 160, or the Kustom for 130. Both used of course.

I've gotta decide quickly. Thoughts?
  2. xring

xring Supporting Member

I had the Kustomgroove. I'm going to try to steer you away from it. It is huge. It is heavy. It sounds like crap, or almost. I can't see the Ampeg being worse.
  3. Noose

Noose

Thanks. -1 for the Kustom.

Which is the better deal?
  4. xring

xring Supporting Member

Never let 30 (or 200) bucks sway you when tone is involved. Don't know much on the Ampeg, but it gets my vote. Both are cheap enough to recover from if you're not happy.
  5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Play them both, decide with your ears.
  6. Noose

Noose

I have a feeling either is going to be an upgrade from my current rig as far as tone goes.

Thanks for the suggestions. Turns out the ampeg has a blown speaker. So that kinda makes my decision a lot easier.

Oh well. Surely the Kustom is better than my behringer 210.
  7. xring

xring Supporting Member

It will be an upgrade, and depending on your eq tastes, you may end up loving it. Good luck.