1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Quick-connect pots?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by giorob815, Feb 12, 2013.

1. giorob815

giorob815 ... Supporting Member

What I'm looking for are 250k or 500k audio taper and blend pots that utilize a qc rather than lugs. Something like what is found on preamps by Audere, Jon East, and EMG. I plan on doing some p/up testing, and constantly soldering/de-soldering the wires or cutting them short is seeming more and more unpleasant. So my TB electronic experts: Do these exist?

Thanks,

Rob
    :bassist:
  2. ddnidd1

ddnidd1

3. giorob815

Yes, though Inever would have checked MF for something like that. And for whatever reason, it never occurred to me to search for 'solderless' potentiometers. :meh: Thanks dd, now I know what to look for.

Rob
    :bassist:
  4. ddnidd1

ddnidd1

I stumbled on it during a google search. There have to be other solutions out there, but they're not that easy to find.
  5. eukatheude

eukatheude

It doesn't look faster than soldering to me.
  6. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables
    Looks like a PITA to me. It also looks like its going to take up a lot of room
  7. giorob815

From my searching, the SD's seem to be the only thing out there. I agree that they seem too big for my application (jazz bass), but speed was never a concern for me; I was more worried about the near-certain probability of ruining my prized instrument w/ either the solder or the iron over the course of that amount of work time. Hmm...what to do.....
  8. eukatheude

eukatheude

Use some old newspaper to cover the bass, or do most of the soldering with the pots outside the bass.
  9. Meddle

Meddle

Just learn to solder. It is a transferable skill.

"Why didn't Leo Fender put snap connectors inside this Twin amp???".
  10. tony moore

tony moore

i have a parts bass that i like to experiment with different pickups. i use smaller twist ties to quickly swap pickups. that assumes you're not changing pots and such tho.