1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Quick DI/Headphone Amp question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DirtySix, Dec 2, 2013.

1. DirtySix

DirtySix

I'm looking at getting the Sansamp VT Bass DI and running it through a Behringer MA400 Headphone amp so I can use it as my practice setup with headphones.

My question is, can I hook up the Bass DI to the Mic XLR on the MA400, and if so is that better than using the direct input?

If anyone has a similar setup using the MA400 could you please give me your opinion on it?
  2. Swift713

Swift713

I've been looking at the MA400 too. If you use the xlr then it leaves the monitor jack available for an mp3 or whatever. I suspect that a mono signal plugged into the monitor in would only produce sound on one side of your headphones.
  3. DirtySix

DirtySix

The Behringer website says this

"Stereo Monitor input with dedicated Monitor Level control and Mono/Stereo switch"

But I am unsure if it will take a mono signal and make it stereo OR if it means it can take a stereo signal and make it mono.... I'll just wait until someone who has this kind of setup can chime in.