1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

quick pork loin question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by shwashwa, Jan 28, 2014.

1. shwashwa

shwashwa

is there a way to make it so that the drive knob kicks into distortion later? right now i have the drive all the way down and its already breaking up. id like the break up to happen later in the range so i can find the sweet spot im looking for. i tried decreasing the input volume from my bass, and it helps but didnt fix it. i know i can blend in more clean tone internally, but im just curious about altering the response of the drive know for now. increasing its headroom
  2. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

I don't think so, especially if you are using a passive bass and have a regular signal coming in and the clean/curve controls aren't helping. In my experience, the Pork Loin isn't really a touch responsive overdrive, just kind of on or off. It also doesn't do clean, just a good range from mild break up to medium mild crunch.
  3. noahw1

noahw1

I think you should look into adjusting it internally. With a few twists of the knobs I've been able to make it pretty clean by adjusting the overdrive mix. There are 3 knobs to play with so I'm sure you can find what you're looking for.
  4. shwashwa

shwashwa

so then here's another question. the "clean" channel, isnt really all that clean right? im looking for the clean channel to be slightly driven... but less so than what im getting now with the drive knob all the way down ( i do have other pedals that can do the tone i want, im just wondering if the pork loin can too)