1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Quick Rotosound Nickel Question

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by srslots81, Feb 1, 2013.

1. srslots81

srslots81

Hey there,

I just picked up a pair of nickel swing bass 66 strings, standard gauge at guitar center, the RN 66LD:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Rotosound-RN-66LD-Nickel-Swing-Bass-Strings-100190147-i1166963.gc

Yet, on the Roto website, they do not have these listed, they only have the RS66LDN: http://www.amazon.com/Rotosound-RS6...359746319&sr=1-1&keywords=rotosound 66 nickel

The difference in the 2 being the guitar center ones are 45-65-80-105 and the once listen on the roto website are 45-65-85-105.

Does any one know what the story is here? Are they identical strings aside from the different A string? Just curious the story as to why the ones I got are not listed on the roto site.

Thanks! Just a question for piece of mind.
  2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    That packaging is literally GENERATIONS old... The current ones are the RS66LDN

The linked to the Guitar Center ones are very old

The ones on Amazon (high price if you ask me) are the new current packaged ones...

Yes they are the same strings just one is an old out of date packaging...

Rotosound RS66LD Stainless Steel Swing Bass use .045 .065 .080 .105 while they still offer a RS66LF Stainless Steel set that is .045 .065 .085 .105. The .080 thrown in their is a Rotosound thing that not many other companies do... (Dean Markley has their sets like that as well, DR Fat-Beams Marcus Miller Signature Gauges are a couple sets like that).

If you want to save a little extra $ you can go for Rotosound Rotobass strings RB45 .045 .065 .085 .105. They are literally the same Nickel Plated Steel strings but without silk so they are a little cheaper.
  3. srslots81

srslots81

Thanks for the detailed reply! I really appreciate it. I've read great things about your site and will use you for string purchases in the future :) I also picked up a set of Sunbeams when I got the Rotosounds. I think I am going to try the Sunbeams first!