Quick Rusty Box question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Denver Max, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Denver Max

Denver Max

When using the Rusty Box in the effects loop to bypass my amp's preamp, do I need to plug both the send and return in?

Also, do I need to plug my bass into the amp's input or the Rusty Box's? I won't get to try it out until tomorrow, just figured I'd ask.

And yes, I searched.
  2. Pastrami

Pastrami

Just connect the line level output of yer rusty to the effects send in yer amp. Every knob on yer amp should be ineffective accept the master volume now. Bass to the input on the rusty.

It's a really great sound man. I use a Peavey 120/120, Rusty as my pre amp
  3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    No, the effects RETURN in. The "send" is the output of the preamp, the return is the input.

it goes: bass --> Rusty --> fx loop return jack
  4. SquareWaves

SquareWaves

I'd also only use the line out if your amp has a master volume. If there's no effects loop and master volume then use the main out.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Denver Max

Denver Max

Quick update. I actually prefer the sound of the Rusty Box with my amp's preamp and eq settings. Gives me a bit more control with the amp's 10 band eq. So I just have the Rusty on my board going into the amps input. Once I need more space on the board, I'll likely just Velcro the Rusty to my cab or head somewhere and continue using it the way it is now. It has such a distinct character and is a great always on type pedal, and I don't use the boost so its practically part of my amp.