Quicksilver vs. The Flash

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by winterburn69, Dec 7, 2013.

?

Who's faster?

Poll closed Dec 17, 2013.
  1. The Flash

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. Quicksilver

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Carrots

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. winterburn69

winterburn69

Who's faster? Seriously.

If you don't know anything about comic books and these characters, please don't reply with The Flash because you've never heard of Quicksilver.
  2. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

I don't know about whoose faster but Pietro took his skills to a whole nother level from Barry.
  3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

They fought several times, notably in the Amalgam crossover and Flash always came winner, which is to be expected considering how they treat speeders at DC.
    Quicksilver can run up a building ? Ok.
    Barry Allen was so fast he could run about between several positions and make people believe he was at 3 different points in the World at the same time.
    Indeed, Quicksilver was upgraded based on the Flash.
  4. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

The first thing we have to know is which Flash. Though really, aside from maybe Jay Garrick, i'm pretty sure all of them are faster than Quicksilver. Bart Allen wasnt flash for long but he once absorbed the whole of the Speed Force or something of that effect and was supposedly the fastest man that had ever lived. Other than that, i think Wally West was established as being faster than Barry Allen which would make him the second fastest flash. Basically it's like this, every new incarnation needs to be the fastest man alive so...they just get faster.

I have no idea what's DC been like since the New 52 though. I haven't bothered with them since. But anyway, im pretty sure Quicksilver was never pictured doing even half the things any of those guys did. The Marvel universe doesn't have a speed force. I'm pretty sure Superman is as fast or faster than Quicksilver. he used to only be able to go to the speed of sound, then mach 10. That's still not very fast compared to the flash.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

Abrry may have been faster but Pietro was cooler.
  7. Batmensch

Batmensch Supporting Member

Flash for certain, Quicksilver being the ripoff character that he is.
  8. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Flash. Speed Force
  9. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

Flash is so fast, he can time travel. I remember seeing a page once where he outran his own death, and defeated it by running so far into the future that death ceased to even exist as a concept.
  10. P Town

P Town Guest

The Flash. I've never heard of Quicksilver. The last time I bought, or read a comic book was around 1963.
  11. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

He was actually created the year after your stopped.
  12. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

I only read Marvel but I do know The Flash was a lot more important to DC then Quicksilver is to Marvel from the Saturday cartoons before I was buying comics. By rumor I am hearing somehow Marvel is masking Quicksilver's X-Men connections so they can use him in the Marvel movies, probably Avengers 2

meanwhile I was playing so didn't see The Flash turn up on Arrow just as he did on Smallville
  13. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Quicksilver (along with Scarlet Witch) is going to be in the second Avengers movie. Like you, I think they are not making the X-Men connection, which I think is kind of weird.

I haven't seen the past few weeks of Arrow (fun show though), so haven't seen that either.
  14. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Yeah. While X-men is one franchise that has so far managed to remain decent (movies ranged from good to ok) i'd still like to see Marvel regaining the rights so they could include the X-men in their movieverse. Though that would likely mean recasting everyone and at this point i'm not even sure people would accept anyone but Jackman as Wolverine (im not saying he was perfect casting, he's alright but too good looking to really be Wolverine)
  15. Rich McCoy

Rich McCoy

Barry Allen would bitch slap Quicksilver.
    Just sayin'...
  16. winterburn69

winterburn69

I'm disliking the directing this thread is going. I've been arguing with my boss about who's faster for a few weeks and thought my TB brethren would back me up. Turns out I --might-- be incorrect. Nothing I hate like bein' wrong. Clearly I'll never bring this up again :p

One thing is certain, Quicksilver's costume is much cooler.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will both be in the next Avengers film. Yes, Fox owns the rights to the X-men stuff (and ALL mutants) but it's a loophole with those two since they've been heavily featured in both X-Men & Avengers stories. They're just not allowed to be called mutants. Quicksilver will also be in the new X-Men film (portrayed by a different actor though).
  17. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Did the flash ever move so fast that he walked through a wall? :)
  18. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Sounds like maybe you guys were having a classic case of Marvel Fanboy vs Dc fanboy? :p

I tend to lean Marvel in terms of character preference but i can be objective and see that the way depicted in the comics, there's pretty much no way Quicksilver is really in the same league. He's a speedster. Flash is like the ULTIMATE speedster. Flash is a major Dc character and DC has an interest in making him as interesting and powerful as possible. Quicksilver is a B or actually potentially C lister in marvel, they never had much an interest in hyping him and his powers up.

I didn't know Quicksilver was gonna be in the next X-men too though. Weird. And potentially confusing for the average person.
  19. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

Yes, in fact. He can also vibrate so fast that he can sort of phase through living things, causing them to disintegrate on a molecular level.
  20. winterburn69

winterburn69

We're actually both Marvel fanboys, but I'm a hardcore X-Men fanboy. Saw a mint-ish condition collection of the Days of Future Past yesterday for something like like $200, each comic was $50. That's just ridiculous though, got it off the Marvel app a few weeks ago for $8.99. That'd be some rad comic book smell though, right? haha.

Whatever, at least Quicksilver's costume is cooler :p