Quietest version of the Orange Juicer??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HeavyJazz77, Feb 18, 2013.

1. HeavyJazz77

HeavyJazz77 Supporting Member

Attention fellow compression junkies! Question - what is considered to be the quietest version of the Orange Juicer design with the least amount of low end loss and maximum low-mid punch. Yes, I've sifted through the infamous ovnilab site (which is great!), but I want to hear what other's think. I'd love a Retrospec Squeeze, but $600-$800 used per eBay is a tough sell.

Let's have it!

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Of course the Retrospec Squeezebox is a totally different circuit, sharing only the word "Squeeze" in the name. ;) There are a bunch of others too, with Squeeze in the name but not having a connection to the Orange Squeezer.

But it's an understandable thought because most clones and variants of the Orange Squeezer do make some kind of reference to it in their name, like "Citrus Squeeze" or "Orange Crush".

I wouldn't call any of the ones I reviewed "quiet", but I think the Pedal Doctor and the Toadworks might have been the least noisy. The Tone Factor one might have been too, but it's out of production. Here's one that I haven't reviewed, but that gets a lot of positive reviews from others:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/113604033/phoenix-custom-electronics-cream?

3. HeavyJazz77

HeavyJazz77 Supporting Member

Heard from the gents at Retrospec over the weekend and they intend on re-releasing the Squeeze Box this summer at about $695 MSRP.

4. bludog

bludog Supporting Member

For real this time? They have been dangling that carrot for a while. Got my fingers crossed...

5. Register to disable this ad