1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

R.I.P. Maximillian Schell

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jugglingfreak, Feb 2, 2014.

1. jugglingfreak

jugglingfreak

2. superdick2112

superdick2112 Registered Spector Addict Supporting Member

Watching Sam Peckinpah's "Cross of Iron" right now, in honor of Maximilian Schell.
    Great movie, and a great actor.

Rest In Peace, Maximilian.
  3. elgecko

elgecko

I always loved him in The Freshman. In fact, whenever I hand anyone cash, I say his line from the movie in my best German accent. "If it is in your nature to count it, I will not be offended".

[​IMG]
  4. jugglingfreak

jugglingfreak

"Cross of Iron" is an awesome movie.. Good call.

I remember as a young kid when I saw "The Black Hole" (my first exposure to Maximillian Schell and Anthony Perkins, too.) the part that actually gave me the creeps, just with the way he said it was when Maximillian (the robot of the same name) was threatening the crew of the Palomino with those spinning blades of his
    That one line, it's so simple, but the way he did it was just bad-ass. I was a fan from that moment on.
  5. bassteban

bassteban

The very name is menacing. RIP
  6. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

I was gonna say..i only mainly knew him for Black Hole.

RIP.
  7. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Yeah, sounds like a James Bond villain.